Saturday, June 13, 2009

Unique Collaboration

I had to go to Borders to get some of the books for my mandatory summer reading list (Yes, it sucks.). So while I was in line waiting to pay, I noticed all the cool things Borders always has like cute little bookmarks, chocolates, wind-up toys, Moleskine notebooks, and candy. I usually don't pay attention to those things but today I found something that reminded me of my recent past in 2 ways. Guess what it was. I bet you can't, it's a tin of mints, but not regular mints...not at all.

The tin was a tokidoki tin! That reminded me of my past wantings of tokidoki for LeSportsac bags. But gosh, I never got 1 because they were just so expensive. I pondered about getting a fake one in Chinatown when I was in New York City, but it didn't look that nice (It was a fanny pack) and it was pretty expensive, even with my Asian haggling skills, for a fake bag. Then at the mall that I usually go to, there is a stand outside of the Sanrio store, that also had fake tokidoki bags, but that stand put really high prices for everything! So I didn't get. But now I have something that's tokidoki, authentic I hope!

I didn't discover the second thing until I opened the tin to see what it looked like. Inside was a mirror! I can't really explain so I will let you look at it for yourself at their official website, www.littlei.com. So how it related tomy recent past, so as you know since the beginning of 8th grade year for me, I have been wanting a little compact mirror, that was also unique. So I looked everywhere, and now when I wasn't looking I got one! It looks really sturdy too.

But I sure hope the tokidoki & Little i Mirror Mints collaboration is authentic because I didn't see anything in both of their website about this collaboration between them 2, so that means no pictures to show, boohoo!

But check out www.tokidoki.it and www.littlei.com even if this unique collaboration isn't listed on there!

Oh yes, by the way, the tin of mints was $5, a bit pricey for just a tin of mints, I thought at first, but I bought it anyway and I'm glad I did.

No comments: